Welcome back to campus! Whether you’re an applicant in the current admission cycle, or contemplating applying in Fall 2013 for Fall 2014 admission, there’s much to be done, and the Pre-Law Advising Office is here to help.
- Finish up! No, seriously, get those applications completed, and get them submitted! You will benefit from another 20% (or more) drop in applications this cycle (fewer applications = less competition), if you can just get yours in!
- Don’t forget to get your financial aid applications in. First complete your tax returns, second, the FAFSA, and third, whatever else each school requires (each school has its own requirements). The earlier your application, the more money that’s available. Don’t hesitate to ask for help or more information from each school’s financial aid office—you’ll find them very helpful.
- Once all of your returns are in, weigh your offers very carefully. Feel free to set up an appointment with me to go over your choices.
Fall 2014 applicants
(i.e., Juniors, and Seniors who are taking a year off)
I’ll be hosting an info session for the Fall 2014 admission cycle the first week of February (look for details here, on Facebook, and in your email (if you’re on the mailing list). I’ll likely be offering a very strong incentive to attend this session, in the form of a free LSAT prep course.
- Check out the ever-growing list of events on the (wait for it) Events page. Everything from a free practice LSAT to our ever popular speed-networking event with lawyer-alumni. Look for more events to be added soon.
- The Pre-Law Advising Facebook page wants your love. Or your “like.” It’s the best way to keep up on developments in the ever-changing worlds of law school admissions, legal education and the profession.
- If you prefer Twitter-land, we’ve got that too. Follow me @UMassPreLaw
Here’s to a great semester, full of much admission joy, as well as thoughtful preparation and deliberations. I’m looking forward to working with all of you!